Focus Scripture: Romans 16:25-27 – “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.”
Overview: God has the power to establish us through the good news of Jesus Christ. This could also be rendered as God has the power to make us strong through Jesus Christ. God does this through the gospel but we must do our part. We must participate in the process of becoming stronger.
Build Each Other Up
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11-13 – “Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.”
- Edify each other in the church by your testimony.
- Edify each other in the church by praying for the sick and afflicted.
- Edify each other in the church by volunteering your services.
Build Up Your Prayer Life and Bible Study
- Jude 1:20, 21 – “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.”
- Continue steadfastly in your daily prayers.
- Thank God for the many blessings that he has bestowed upon you.
- Pray for the sick and afflicted.
- Pray for the lost and pray for the harvest.
- Ephesians 6:17, 18 – “And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”
- Continue steadfastly in your daily and weekly Bible study.
- Study God’s word to show yourself approved to be a worker in the field.
- Jesus said to “seek” and you will “find” and this applies to the word of God and the understanding thereof. Look up verses and definitions of words to get a better understanding.
Build Up Your Faith
- Colossians 2:6, 7 – “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.”
- Know why you believe what you believe. Know the verses that support your fundamental principles.
- Be the kind of person that James speaks of in James 1:22 where he admonishes us to be doers of the word.
- Be willing to share your faith with others and seek out opportunities to do so.
Action: Be Strong
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 – “Watch! Stand firm in the faith! Be courageous! Be strong!”
- Being strong in the Lord means to be confident in your faith.
- Being strong in the Lord requires a healthy prayer life.
- Being strong in the Lord requires that we are knowledgeable about God’s word.