Focus Scripture: Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
Most Christians desire to do great things for the kingdom of God. Yet, often times fear becomes stronger than the desire. Through the power of the Holy Spirit we are promised victory. So, set your sights a little higher. There are many examples of people just like you and me who were able to overcome their doubts and fears. Moses did great things for God even though he didn’t think he was qualified. David did great things for God event though no one else thought he was qualified.
Identify Your Talents
- Ephesians 4:11, 12 – “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:”
- Is God calling you to a particular ministry?
- Do you have a particular desire to serve God’s kingdom in some way?
- Have your brothers and sisters in Christ complemented you on a specific skill that you may have?
Enhance Your Talents
- Matthew 6:33 – “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
- Daily Bible reading.
- Daily prayer asking God to guide and direct you.
- Study and practice your talents.
Use Your Talents
1 Timothy 4:14 – “Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.”
- Seek out ways to use your talents in the church, in the community, through the Internet.
- Perhaps you will be a teacher, usher, greeter or sing in the choir in your local church.
- The potential is there the ideas are limitless.
Action: Mark 16:15, 16 – “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.” All Christians are called to further the kingdom of God through the great commission, which Jesus gave in Mark 16. Go out there and be His witness.